Hello, everyone.

It seems that ARRL has released a TQSL version 2.5.2 that now involves logging programs including additional information in the ADIF file (or overriding the check somewhere in the TQSL program). I haven't tried either upgrading to that version or uploading a log with it, but just be aware that the usual LOTW upload may not work anymore if you do.

Here's the link to the bulletin: http://www.arrl.org/news/new-tqsl-version-2-5-2-provides-better-lotw-rover-support-other-improvements

It looks like it's supposed to solve an issue with "roving" stations, which I guess solves a problem for the 0.000001 % of QSO out there, but the way I read it, it transfers the burden of verifying the uploaded location data (DXCC, State, Grid, Zone) to the logging program that supplies it. If that's the case, it solves nothing, because the data is only as accurate as the user supplying it, which essentially changes nothing as far as the location accuracy of LOTW contacts is concerned. At least that's my interpretation, I don't know what "Once a logging program supplies these (MY_STATE, MY_DXCC, MY_CQ_ZONE, etc.), then /TQSL/ will validate them against the log" means, unless it will require these for every single QSO entry in the ADIF file. If that's the case, I don't think DX4Win is able to supply that without a major upgrade.

However, it adds an interesting twist on the constant demands for automatic LOTW upload/download around here.

Stay safe & 73,

Zoran WA7AA