Hello friends,

Shortwave Radiogram will be the name of the show that will replace VOA
Radiogram, starting 24 June. "Shortwave Radiogram" is not as creative as most
of the names suggested by VOA Radiogram listeners. Thanks for those ideas!
The new website will be http://www.swradiogram.net , the new email
radiog...@verizon.net , and the new Twitter account @SWRadiogram .

Last weekend's new transmission via WRMI Florida, Sunday 0600-0630 on 7730
kHz,was, to my surprise, audible in Europe, at least via
http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901 in the Netherlands. Reception was marginal at
my house in Virginia (and I was only marginally awake at 2:00 am local time). I
received a great signal using an SDR in Hawaii and a good signal via Australia.
This weekend is the penultimate (always wanted to use that word in a
sentence)VOA Radiogram, so please tune in if you can. The entire program will
be in MFSK32. It will include some Arabic text, that prints from right to left.
You will need the UTF-8 character set for the Arabic text to display correctly.
There will also be two images of the North Carolina transmitting site.

Here is the lineup for VOA Radiogram, program 219, 10-11 June 2017, all in
MFSK32 centered on 1500 Hz:

1:47 Program preview
2:53 Bus-train hybrid drives on painted tracks*
6:27 India launches heavy satellite*
12:57 Arabic text from Alhurra * **
16:33 Three photos*
24:49 Closing announcements*
* with image
** Use UTF-8 character set
Please send reception reports to radiog...@voanews.com.
See and submit results on Twitter: @VOARadiogram
VOA Radiogram Transmission Schedule

Day UTC Time kHz Transmitter Target Also try in …
Saturday
0930-1000 5745 North Carolina Americas Asia-Pacific, Europe
Saturday
1600-1630 17580 North Carolina Europe Americas, Asia-Pacific
Sunday
0230-0300 5745 North Carolina Americas Europe
Sunday
0600-0630 7730* WRMI Florida Americas Asia-Pacific, Europe
Sunday
1930-2000 15670 North Carolina Europe Americas, Asia-Pacific
Sunday
2030-2100 11580* WRMI Florida Europe Americas, Asia-Pacific
Sunday
2330-2400 11580* WRMI Florida Americas Europe, Asia-Pacific

* WRMI transmissions will continue as Shortwave Radiogram beginning June 24.
The Mighty KBC transmits to Europe Saturdays at 1500-1530 UTC on 9400 kHz (via
Bulgaria), with the minute of MFSK at about 1530 UTC (if you are outside of
Europe, listen via websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/ ). And to North America Sundays
at 0000-0200 UTC (Saturday 8-10 pm EDT) on 9925 kHz, via Germany. The minute of
MFSK is at about 0130 UTC. On 9400 kHz, Reports to Eric:
themighty...@gmail.com<mailto:themighty...@gmail.com> . See also
http://www.kbcradio.eu/ and https://www.facebook.com/TheMightyKbc/.

Italian Broadcasting Corporation (IBC) For the complete IBC transmission
schedule visit http://ibcradio.webs.com/ Five minutes of MFSK32 is at the end
of the 30-minute English-language “Shortwave Panorama,” per the schedule below:

WEDNESDAY
18.55 UTC 6070 KHZ TO EUROPE
19.55 UTC 1584 KHZ TO EUROPE
THURSDAY
02.55 UTC 1584 KHZ TO EUROPE
FRIDAY
01.25 UTC 9955 KHZ TO CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA
SATURDAY
01.55 UTC 11580 KHZ TO NORTH AMERICA
20.25 UTC 1584 KHZ TO SOUTH EUROPE
SUNDAY
00.55 UTC 7730 KHZ TO NORTH AMERICA
10.55 UTC 6070 KHZ TO EUROPE
Thank you for your reception reports from last weekend!

I hope you can tune in and write in this weekend.

Kim via KKX
Kim Andrew Elliott, KD9XB
Producer and Presenter VOA Radiogram
voaradiogram.net<http://voaradiogram.net>