Ok, I see version 1.10 available, so I download it and unzip into a
temporary folder.
I open the installation PDF file and it only says at beginning
installation procedure for DXbase 2007.
Ok I already have DXbase 2007 so I'm expecting it to say update to
Version 1.10, it doesn't.
So now I browse through the file and find it's 33 pages if I want to
print it out and lots of color ink to burn.
As I'm browsing I see all this stuff about Windows 7.  Keep in mind
it doesn't say installation procedure for DXbase Version 1.10 on DOS,
WIN 3, XP and Win 7 or what ever at the beginning so I'm not sure.

So I browse the install procedure a little further and by page 5 it
tells me it will install it into a directory C:DXbase 2007 which is
where my current program was, but it says I can change it.  So not
wanting to take a chance I move my current Folder out of C: and into
a back up folder.

Then I went ahead with the installation and let it do all
defaults.  When it was finished I ran it and first thing pops up is:

"This application has failed to start because mfc.dll was not
found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

At this point I sent my original message, and responses were pretty
much slanted at I'm and idiot and can't follow instructions.  BUT
some one mentioned follow the instructions to where it says IF YOU
ARE USING WINDOWS XP, YOU ARE FINISHED! Congratulations.

So at this point I removed everything it installed and tried again
and it went exactly the same way.  I searched my backed up copy for
the mfc.dll and didn't find it.  Then I saw something about missing
dlls and downloaded them.  Went to installed them into the C:DXbase
folder and found them already there, but let them over write.

Ok, now at this point I started DXbase again and it allowed me to put
in my call sign and what ever and then it told me the program needed
fixing.  So I let it prompt me through that and everything then seemed to work.

I lost some packet commands but had no problem fixing that, but what
really seems strange is that it had my K8SMC.mdb and refdata.mdb
files already in the folder and working.  Ok, how did it find them?
normally one has to put those back into the folder manually.

Oh well, everything seems to be working fine, my country count still
shows 338 worked and 338 confirmed.  No need for anyone to respond,
it's working and I'm happy, and I still don't use a CD-Rom, I know
which way to point my beam for P5 and BV9

Terry, K8SMC . . .