-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Re: [Dxbase] Neal Retired!! -- what does this mean for DXbase?
Date:   Wed, 8 Aug 2018 12:44:56 -0400
From:   Pete Raymond <n4kwp...@centurylink.net>
To:     Joseph Glockner <wa6...@verizon.net>

I do not know why people are surprised by Neal's action.  Look back to
when he purchased DXBase, he did absolutely nothing with it and and it
was easy to see early that he was way out of his element.  A number of
us left as the writing was on the wall years ago.  I had been with
DXBase when it first surfaced back in the DOS days. Without Joe it would
have imploded years ago.  There is only one way to save it and that
would be to purchase the rights to the software from Neal and have Joe
as your CEO.  Actually he should give the rights to Joe as he does not
deserve any money for what he did to a great logging program and all his
broken promises.

 If DXBase is no longer available and you want to try another logging
program try DXLab it is all free and customer support is second to
none.  The architect of the software is an active ham and will answer
all your questions.  You will be pleasantly surprised at the support you
will get as you become familiar with the software. No I do not have
anything to do with DXLab but I recall vividly how frustrated I was with
DXBase's Owner when I left.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.  Just
trying to give you an alternative.

Goo Luck and hope Joe can take it over for you!

73, Pete, N4KW