Ok, any of you market makers want to help [EMAIL PROTECTED] understand
why you'd rather buy e-gold from him than (gasp!) from G&SR/OmniPay?
EFF is now our featured org. in the News section, for a couple of weeks,
and I think a few of you might want to purchase metal from them along-
with/instead-of us, although that's an "admission against interest," since
I'd like to see you buy from US! Anyway, here's Stanton's message, he's
a nice guy, and special thanks go to Deen, Jay, and Erich for helping them
out. This is cool! Let's send them some grams and show them it's GREAT
to PREFER e-gold to checks!  :^)

Also, I think more good news is coming soon, please stay tuned. Thanks!
JMR

===========================

At 10:45 AM -0400 8/11/00, James M. Ray wrote:
> Hi Stanton. I'd only add that you probably want to default to gold instead of
> palladium, as there's lots more of it.

Done.

A note to pass on to your list:

*************

A note from the Electronic Frontier Foundation:

We'd like everyone to know that the bug in our e-gold form (that didn't
allow the "some other amount" option to work correctly) has been fixed,
and that
the form is greatly improved in pretty much every way.   The form is at:
https://www.eff.org/support/joineff-egold.html
If you just sent us a donation, please send your name and contact information,
and whether or not you'd like to receive our e-newsletter, EFFector, to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (the form now has fields for these items, but early
donors did not have the opportunity to provide this information and
become members instead of just near-anonymous donors.  It'd be good to
tell us your e-gold acct. #, and/or the transaction number, of your
donation.  Sorry for the hassle - the old version of the form wasn't
really ready for prime time... :)

EFF greatly appreciates your membership and donations.  We are a
member-supported nonprofit, working in the public interest to protect
privacy,
free speech and fair use rights in cyberspace.  See http://www.eff.org
for our latest news.

**************

Also, could we be listed, like ERights, in both "Strategic Partners"
and "Businesses and Organizations"?  That'd be great!

> I'm excited about this getting going, and
> I'm SURE you're able to find Californians like http://www.goldfingercoin.com/
> who will be more-than-happy to give you FULL face value or more for your
> e-metal, in dollars (or small, hard, shiny pieces of metal!). There are many
> merchants making a living selling $9.40 worth of e-gold for $10 of (PayPal,
> check, etc.) so it's not like e-gold donations -- especially large
>ones! -- are
> better done via check. IMO.

I'm afraid I didn't understand any of that - not what goldfingercoin
is, nor why it's not better to send us a check (0% taken out) instead
of e-gold (some small % taken out in transaction fees) for a donation
in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Can you explain all this to me, as if I were a blithering idiot?  I
simply don't know jack about precious metals nor much about how the
monetary system works.

> Anyway, if you'd like, I can tell the e-gold list about this before
>you've got it
> done, and see if anyone there can help you. I suspect a number of folks
> will jump at the chance, and it's fun to share ideas. Please keep in touch
> with us regarding this, I'd LOVE to see you get up and running ASAP! :)

> JMR

The guy that reported the problem (Deen) was quite helpful.  I've
written back to Jay as well about that problem (he fixed the issue of
the radio and text input box used together  producing a value of ",
500" (as an example amount) instead of the intended "500", but the "on,
500" result wasn't accounted for (nor "off, 500").  OUR page won't
generate this problem any more, but someone else's might, on another
site.

Stanton McCandlish      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.eff.org/~mech
Online Communications Director/Webmaster, Electronic Frontier Foundation
voice: +1 415 436 9333 x105   fax: +1 415 436 9993
EFF, 1550 Bryant St., Ste. 725, San Francisco CA 94103 USA
--
Regards, James M. Ray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
OmniPay VP of Spec. Ops.  http://www.TraderJim.net/PGPKey.html