> Trust-busters busted?
>  http://www.free-market.net/spotlight/antitrust/
>      Could the antitrust mavens of the Justice Department
>      be faltering in their jihad against dynamic competition?
>      The signs are tentative as yet, but certainly tend
>      toward the positive.

To me, e-gold's biggest enemy(s) is not another money company,
but a government or gang of governments. If not the US Justice
Dept. by itself, then at the prompting of the Fed and Treasury.
Or maybe the OEDC. Oh what the heck. I'll through in the UN too.
I can't think of anything or anybody they do not want to control.

e-gold wasn't available, when Japan started into it's decade + long
recession, for Japanese to protect their stored value (property)
from their government's inflation (not that it can't still help
the Japanese). But it could be well known by the time the US and
Western Europe have to start paying the piper. I can't see 'em looking
fondly at safe stores of value (property they can't get there hands on).

On the bright side, maybe the US dollar and the Euro loose respect
and value (therefore those governments loose power). And parts of
the rest of the world embrace e-gold, and in effect offer protection
of sorts. In addition to the Net which decentralizes power. I guess
it's going to be a timing thing.

Anyways, it would be nice if J.D. Tuccille's perception of a trend
start turns out to be right. And my hunch is that e-gold will prevail
despite everything.

Bob

"Regardless of the dollar price involved, one ounce of gold would
 purchase a good-quality man's suit at the conclusion of the
 Revolutionary War, the Civil War, the presidency of Franklin
 Roosevelt, and today."

 "The possibility of a discriminatory capital-gains tax on gold
  'profits,' or even of outright confiscation, cannot be wholly
  dismissed. We must remember that in 1933, when private
  citizens began to exercise their clear legal right to convert their
  Federal Reserve notes and gold certificates into gold, President
  Franklin D. Roosevelt suspended the conversion, ordered the
  citizens to exchange their gold for paper money, and made it
  illegal for private citizens to hold or own gold. In other words,
  the government not only broke its solemn and explicit pledge to
  convert its notes into gold on demand, but treated the holder
  (and dupe) who had taken the pledge seriously as the real culprit."

   -  Henry Hazlitt

--
            http://www.bearerinstruments.com

http://www.bearerinstruments.com/assets/BIMDsPGPkey.txt
650C 51DA 734F 697F 5706 3D6A 7712 BCC9 D1AE 00BA