Craig Haynie writes:
> Howard E. Motteler writes:
>
> > I'm beginning the unpleasant process of taking what action I can
> > to get my $4800 back from OmniPay.  [...]
>
> Have you done a wire trace and subsequently verified that the
> $4800 went into G&SR's account? This is the first step. Your bank
> should be able to provide proof that the wire was received.

The transaction in question was a wire out-exchange.  What happened
was that more than five weeks ago, now, I tried to use OmniPay for
a wire transfer of $4800 to my E*Trade account.  My e-gold account
was debited immediately, but the funds never appeared in my E*Trade
account.

At some point someone at OmniPay apparently did try to do the
transfer, as after three weeks--already an excessive delay!--I got
a single, somewhat cryptic message back saying that there was a
problem with the transfer.  It looked like perhaps they had not
forwarded the information I'd included about "for further credit
to", so I supplied this again, and suggested that if there was any
further difficulty in making the transfer, I would be satisfied
if they would simply refund my e-gold.  They have done neither,
and have not responded at all, to that or to any subsequent email
or phone messages.

If it is an issue of tracing a lost wire transfer, then I have to
start at the OmniPay end, and I cannot do that without their help.

> They are an honest group. It's not likely they are deliberately
> misleading you.

I've not accused them of dishonesty, but in the world of financial
services, reputation is everything, and when customers are treated
as I have been, it is not a good sign; the most positive light I
can put on things is that they are having some serious cash flow
or organizational problems.  I've since heard rumors that at least
the latter may be true; it seems that heads are rolling at Galt's
Gulch.

So I'm left with the relatively feeble threats of legal action or
bad publicity, and have taken a few modest steps along both lines.
As an early, enthusiastic adopter of of e-gold, I'm very sorry to
have things get to that point; but I want my $4800 back.

--
Howard E. Motteler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  A well-chewed dildo, strategically placed, can do wonders for
  even the most ordinary BEWARE OF DOG sign.  -- Dan Hillman