"viking coder" writes:

> > > I suggest people stop wasting their own time and that of
> > > Omnipay/G&SR and start using the advised procedures if they
> > > are keen to get satisfactory results.
> >
> > While I would give the same advice--they have been sitting on my
> > $4800 for close to two months now!--as far as wasting OmniPay's
> > time goes, if they were actually concerned about that they could
> > simply up their minimum transaction amount, and/or their fees.
>
> They did. Again, and again... People just can't seem to get the hint.

What hints?  I'd had good service from G&SR before, and the
transaction in question was way over even the most recent minimums,
which in any case are for in-exchanges rather than out-exchanges.
So why is someone with a $5K transaction necessarily a chump for
dealing in good faith with them?  It seems to me that if you take
someone's money for a service, you'd better either perform the
service or return the money.

> I advise the following to anyone who has a problem with either
> e-gold or OmniPay.  Please make sure that the problem actually
> originated with them.

Of course; in my case, I double-checked with E*Trade, the intended
receiving end of the transfer, and they couldn't figure out what
the problem was.

> I'm not saying that e-gold or OmniPay is infallible, or perfect.
> I'm saying that I believe the companies to be run by honorable,
> knowledgeable people.

That's as may be, but it's neither honorable nor knowledgeable to
charge me $4800 for a wire transfer, and then, for two months and
even after repeated requests, fail either to put the transfer
through or refund my e-gold.  Actually, last week, I did get an
e-mail message saying I'd been given a refund, but it was never
credited to my e-gold account, even after a polite reminder; clearly
someone does not know what they are doing, a manifest failure of
knowledge, and honor as well when the problem is left unresolved.

--
Howard E. Motteler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  There's no way of knowing whether the teenage Hillary was on
  that grassy knoll that day in Dallas.   I would have put her
  there in "JFK" if I had thought of it in time.   -- Oliver Stone