At 09:14 AM 12/21/2000 -0800, Glencannon Group Ltd. wrote:
>I sincerely hope you are right and I am wrong (about e-gold taking off with
>big companies).  I have never said the tax implications of using e-gold are
>impossible to handle only onerous and that there needs to be an economic
>rationale to handle the accounting problems.  If I were dealing in Yen there
>are Millions and MIllions of reasons to deal with the headaches.  e-gold
>just doesn't have the economic appeal of a Yen, or Pound, or Euro, or
>anything.  Until it does it will have to be limited to certain markets.  Now
>what are those market????
>
>Potential e-gold Markets that are available now and require no investment by
>the business user in complex accounting systems (I am going to be as all
>encompassing as possible here and encourage people to add categories):
>
>1.  Offshore Non-Taxable Transactions.
>2.  Charities (non-taxable)
>3.  Criminal Ponzi Scams (don't like it but it is a market)
>4.  Offshore Money Laundering (again don't like it but its there)
>5.  Offshore Service Providers giving immediate goods and/or services to
>worldwide consumers. (example URL registry)
>6.  INVESTORS -  I think e-gold is a great way of investing in gold if you
>don't want to get stuck with a lot of heavy metal around under your bed.

If you add Standard Reserve into the equation, you can also do:
1.  Folks who work in one country but live in another and want to
send money "home" using our stored value card.
2.  **ALL** businesses in the retail supply chain - manufacturer
---> importer ---> wholesaler ---> retailer --> consumer.
3.  Anybody who offers a micro-payment process, i.e., pay by page
view or pay by time.  Great for  sale of intellectual property
(i.e.,  music or software), online time charges for support,
telephone charges, mCommerce, etc.
4.  Membership dues to any organization.
5. Any retailer who wants immediate access to funds (e-Gold also)

And if I sit and really think could probably come up with a couple dozen more.

George

George Matyjewicz,  Chief Executive Officer
Standard Reserve Corp. -- Atlanta, GA
Acct# 120018      Tel: 770-300-3070 Ext 2818
World Wide Currency for the World Wide Web
http://www.standardreserve.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]