You see I am not always a crank here.  I am trying to be positive.  I am
still curious about the potential Markets that e-gold could serve, not
necesarily just the technical services that e-gold can provide.  I hope
everyone sees the distinction.  e-gold can do a lot of things that are
probably not practical to market to.  I still believe that e-gold capital
gains problems make it an impractical tool for US companies that don't see a
huge gain in handling e-gold transactions.  I still think marketing e-gold
as a safe high-tech way of buying and selling gold is the best option for
e-gold.  People buy into a commodity knowing that they will experience
capital gains problems.  Just as with any investment.  Are their any other
target markets that e-gold would fit into no without forcing the commercial
user to invest in new software, technology, personnel, or new accounting
procedures?

>  >
>  >Potential e-gold Markets that are available now and require no
investment by
>  >the business user in complex accounting systems (I am going to be as all
>  >encompassing as possible here and encourage people to add categories):
>  >
>  >1.  Offshore Non-Taxable Transactions.
>  >2.  Charities (non-taxable)
>  >3.  Criminal Ponzi Scams (don't like it but it is a market)
>  >4.  Offshore Money Laundering (again don't like it but its there)
>  >5.  Offshore Service Providers giving immediate goods and/or services to
>  >worldwide consumers. (example URL registry)
>  >6.  INVESTORS -  I think e-gold is a great way of investing in gold if
you
>  >don't want to get stuck with a lot of heavy metal around under your bed.
>
>  If you add Standard Reserve into the equation, you can also do:
>  1.  Folks who work in one country but live in another and want to
>  send money "home" using our stored value card.
>  2.  **ALL** businesses in the retail supply chain - manufacturer
>  ---> importer ---> wholesaler ---> retailer --> consumer.
>  3.  Anybody who offers a micro-payment process, i.e., pay by page
>  view or pay by time.  Great for  sale of intellectual property
>  (i.e.,  music or software), online time charges for support,
>  telephone charges, mCommerce, etc.
>  4.  Membership dues to any organization.
>  5. Any retailer who wants immediate access to funds (e-Gold also)
>
>  And if I sit and really think could probably come up with a couple dozen
more.

>  George

Glencannon Group Ltd.
http://www.glencannongroup.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (for a more secure email)
fax: 419-710-4339
_*_*_*_*_
For an e-gold funded Debit Card: http://www.glencannongroup.com/genucap/