> To date, I have two checks ordered to vendors that have not arrived
> after 10 days.
>
> I have called Omni-Pay several times, and there is always "no one
> available" to take my call, and the message space on their voice
> mail is too short to describe the problem without having them call
> to query me about my problem, thus adding to the time for resolution,
> a delaying tactic I suppose.
>
> This is my first experience with a service failure from Omni-Pay. Given
> that I other checks in the pipeline with Omni-Pay it may very well be
> my last.

I receive money orders from my customers every day. I have noticed several
problems with some mail deliveries in both US Express Mail AND US Priority
Mail since Thanksgiving. Whereas most mail from my customers has been
arriving on time, which is about 2-3 business days for Priority Mail and
overnight for Express Mail, there is a significant number of items that are
being delayed for significant periods of time. In the past two weeks, I have
received two priority mail items late by 7 business days, arriving after 11
days. The week before this also saw a couple of problems. In the remote
past, I have seen payments late by over 14 days.

The problem with ordering a check through a payment service, like OmniPay,
is that you forfeit control over the check. If it's YOUR check, and mail is
delayed, you can stop payment on the check and reissue it. If you TRUST your
vendor, (like I trust my mortgage company), then you don't even have to stop
payment on the first check before sending the follow-up check. However,
Omnipay must do one thing before responding to a request to reissue the
check: they must wait for a reasonable amount of time, like 2 or 3 weeks, to
allow the postal service time to deliver the check. Then, they MUST stop
payment on the check, (which will cost them money), and then they can
reissue it.

OmniPay does need to improve their customer service, but the problem that
you're experiencing is most likely the primary fault of the postal service.

Craig