> e-gold also promises that its currency is backed 100%
> at all times.
> In lieu of the below I wonder how true this is???

I remember a time when they did not honour inexchanges for a while. The
reason was that they couldn't get hold of a gold bar. They could easily
have left the 100% backing for a while, but they didn't.

> How often do they change their policies and do they
> only announce after the fact?

They have made mistakes in the past in communicating things to their
customers. But the current user agreement is pretty strong about this 100%
backing. They can't change this without a 10 day notice.

BTW: I doubt very much that they will ever change the 100% backing.

Edwin