At 12:27 PM -0500 2/1/01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>[DeLurking...]
>What about a 1-900-GET-GOLD funding method.

I investigated this a while ago, and found that the payments were
repudiable, so the question would be how much repudiation could
you take and still get a decent profit, along with how could you
automate it, at least for repeat customers, so that it's making a
profit while you amuse yourself in other ways. I'm sure it's doable
for small quantities of gold at a high-enough markup, so I hope
it happens, but I can imagine many fraud-possibilities. Imagine
the babysitter's boyfriend getting access to your phone...

What I can't understand is why more merchants don't take full
advantage of phone spends

http://pcs.e-gold.com/demo.html

since in-person is the ideal way to do exchanges. I'm lucky to
be close to more than one seller/buyer of e-metals. :)
JMR