At 01:35 PM 2/11/2001 +1100, Michael Moore wrote:
>I would like however, to introduce new blood into the business.  250,000
>new people coming into the business each day would  boost and make egold
>known world wide.
>
>But to have 2000 traders or merchants using the system and demanding payment
>in gold would be even better!
>
>Has there ever been a concerted effort to promote e-gold  to merchants  as a
>safter and more sevcure alternative to credit cards.

Not sure about e-Gold, but SR  is making a concentrated effort to
do so.  We just signed a deal with a new agent who has contracted
to bring in thousands of new Instant Anywhere accounts worldwide
through a network of approx 35,000 sales folks.  In addition, we
made a separate deal with them to focus on merchants, with the
goal to have 1,000 merchants on this year.

And I had lunch with another group this week who has over 100,000
retail (merchant) clients worldwide.  Since we have a debit card,
their feeling is we can start with merchants taking the debit
card and wean them over to Net-based account processing.  There
was a large retail  trade show in Las Vegas two weeks ago, and
the question came up "Why do merchants have to use the Visa/MC
network to accept cards?  Why can't they go directly to the
Internet?"  To which one of our agents in attendance, said "Talk
to Standard Reserve."  Hence the meeting.

We're hoping.  We have a couple of other similar arrangements in the works.

It's a Catch 22 situation - merchants need customers; account
holders need customers.

George

George Matyjewicz,  President
Standard Reserve Corp. -- Atlanta, GA
World Wide Currency for the World Wide Web
http://www.standardreserve.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]