--- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> wrote:

>I wonder if I set TOO HARD a question at the 2 gram prize level?

  I think you have definitely set the question to be too hard.  Reasons being that no
one can figure out how long it will take e-gold to do any transaction volume because
we don't have historical figures to draw a regression from.

  Second, I don't think you can open up a dictionary and come up with how much USD or
JPY is traded in a given day because there is no one place to trade it.  John and Bob
could be sitting at a street corner and passing a 5 dollar bill back and forth and be
trading.  They could do this a million times and no one would know.  However, if they
did this in e-gold, they would have to do it through the e-gold website and so e-gold
would know and calculate that John and Bob did 5 million in trading.

  I could say that PayPal claims to do 8 million in trading a day, and e-gold does 1
million.  Yet without a way to draw a regression I can't come up with how long it will
take e-gold to catch up with PayPal.  Maybe e-gold should save the stats figures just
like they do with exchange rates.

       Khurram Khan