> After posting messages to the list, I received this:
[Message Removed]

So... I've received just as much spam in my e-gold list mail account as I
have in my eBay mail account.

> What is this?

It is spam. The e-gold is open to anybody who wishes to join. The list is
also posted to the web, at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This makes it very easy for spammers to either point harvester robots at
the archive site, or sign up for an account, lurk, and extract email
addresses as they come in.

This is the reason that James Ray suggested a paid-entry e-gold list. This
would be something like a one-time/yearly payment of 1 AUG.

The only issue with creating a paid-entry list is that it will usually
shut out newcomers to e-gold. It will also require everybody on the list
to have an e-gold account. This is currently not a requirement.

> Is e-gold working with questionable entities?

No. What would they have to gain from doing this? Minisculy increased
reveune and loss of user confidence which equals dramatically decreased
revenue.

Viking Coder