Laura,

    I understand your frustrations completely!  As a Market Maker myself,
and an avid e-gold user, I know just how anxious you are to start using your
e-gold for all the wonderful applications out there!

   In reference to your questions about Gold Age and Mr. Parker, each Market
Maker fills a certain "niche" in the Gold Economy.  Some Market Makers are
known solely for their speed in funding accounts, others are well known for
their discounted prices, and a few of us specialize in the dying art of
Customer Service.  You have take a great step in the right direction on your
search for information by posting on the e-gold discussion list.

     It is my understanding that Mr. Parker and his company have recently
experienced some technical difficulties that may/may not hamper their
abilities to promptly fund your account.  I can tell you from personal
experience that the volume of questions and phone calls we receive at our
service (Gaithmans) on a daily basis does require some time to respond to
each and every request.  You can speed the process along by providing the
following information each time you contact a Market Maker for information:

1.   Your full name and address.
2.  Amount, method, date and time of payment in question.
3.  Any order number, serial number, or confirmation code you may have
regarding said payments.
4.  Your correct gold account NAME and NUMBER
5.  Your e-mail address and/or phone number to contact you.
6.  Put a unique message in the subject line of your e-mail to annotate the
fact it is important.

    I personally read and try to respond to close to 100 e-mails a day.  Add
this to answering phone calls, making gold payments, managing a website,
and tracking "missing payment" requests and you can see why Mr. Parker needs
3 days to respond to your requests.  (He probably receives several such
requests each day due to his large client base.)

     Since you are asking for a referral to another Market Maker, might I
suggest trying any one of the services listed on the e-gold Directory page?
There are many wonderful Market Makers that would love to fill your
requests:

   Business Express, Davis and Company, Gold Now, Gold Today, Git-gold,
Ozzi-gold, Pay-by-Gold, Goldfinger Coin and Bullion, Gold Directory, and
lastly:  Gaithmans Gold Nation, Inc. (just to name a few I am personally
familiar with and each has a strong reputation for quality service.)

    I would personally like to invite you to take a close look at my own
service:  Gaithmans. Our principal goal is your best interest...and we
strive to provide Exceptional Customer Service to each client during every
transaction.  Here is a link for your convenience:

http://businesses.msn.com/GEGE/

    We offer all four e-metals (Gold, Silver, Platinum,and Palladium)
Standard Reserve's SR-AUG and SR-USD, complete in & out exchange services,
plus  we accept bank wires, cash deposits, money orders and certified
checks.  Chances are good we have an affiliated bank branch in your town!

    Regardless of your decision, please let me express my apologies for Mr.
Parker's delays and encourage you to "hang in there" while he works his way
to your request.

     Have a wonderful afternoon, Laura!

    Respectfully,

Eric Gaither, President