> Why are they trying to raise 6.5 million dollars to build another Digital
> Currency, when E-Gold and GoldMoney did it for only a couple hundred
> thousand dollars?

Probably because they are trying the old maneuver of 'if a few hundred
thousand dollar startup funds did this, then we should sweep the market
with $6.5 million startup'. That was the one of the driving points behind
the dot-com boom. They probably also don't want to wait the several years
it took for e-gold to come into prominence.

All these new gold-backed currencies are a signal that this is finally
becoming something of a main-stream idea.

Viking Coder