Hello Khurram!

As usual, I disagree!

> >Seriously... What flaws does e-gold have?
>

> 1.  Someone can very easily write a script that continuosly tries to
access an account with a bad passphrase and therefore locking any account
perpetually.

This is a feature. Good security, to keep hackers from continually trying
passphrases until they get lucky.

> 2.  There is no way to show a third party that you've actually sent gold
into another account.  Maybe a public batchnumber system can work here.

Why would you want to do this? Get the party you've sent it to, to make a
statement.

> 3.  Negative Balances!

They only occur when the monthly agio fee is applied to an average balance,
and the only entity affected in e-gold. The only alternative is to assess
the fees on each spend, as GoldMoney does, and this is way to complicated.
This is a feature.

> 4.  No third party counting the gold in the storage facility.

The Escrow Agent should start this soon. Hey, no one else even HAS an escrow
agent.

> 5.  Absolutely no fraud prevention or resolution.  PayPal may be horibble
but they still have some kind of "Insurance" for its users.  It may not be
much.. but its something.

I agree! E-Gold needs an insurance policy against hackers who raid accounts,
like PayPal!

> 6.  e-gold doesn't exist.  Try calling somebody who works for e-gold.  It
won't happen.  You'll have to call somebody that says they work for e-gold
but at the end of the day, they are being paid by G&SR.

Why does this bother you so much? You mention it all the time!

> 7.  Sole Bailee of metal into the storage facility.

Prevents fraud. Anytime you allow someone to bail gold into the system, you
open a door for stolen gold, which would lead to counterfeit e-gold. The
important function is to allow a third party to BAIL-OUT the gold on demand.
This is a feature.

> 8.  Server located in beautiful Melbourne, Florida.

Under the protection of the USA. Another feature.

> 9.  Conflict of interest for users because the people that control e-gold
also control its sole Bailee.

Why is this a problem?

> 10. No Marketing! Relying on users to bring in merchants instead of
getting merchants that bring in users.

With growth like they've had, they wouldn't be able to handle any more. This
is a good business decision.

> 11. Bad website design.

Excellent website design!

> 12. Ploy to collect a large amount of precious metals incase Y2K didn't go
too well.. - just kidding on that one.  There are several pieces of evidence
that point to that.. but I might discuss that at a later time.

No relevant.

> 13. Bad service.

I AGREE!!!

> 14. Majority of user-base is involved in "questionable" activities.

The only way to remedy this is to eliminate the idea of an internet
currency, and replace it with a payment system, like PayPal. This is an
unfortunate aspect of the entire premise, and cannot be avoided.

> 15. Infringement of patents... from what I've heard.

You cannot claim an 'idea' as a patent and have it hold up in court.

>   Just to name a few.. Have a nice day.

hehe.. Talk Later,

Craig