OK, sounds like I need to do some more shopping around.  I went to
Ozziegold, and they charge 8.5% I think, if you deposit cash straight into
their bank account, so obviously that's a bit rich.  I certainly don't
have a problem with people recovering credit card fees etc, and taking a
reasonable margin.  I just thought that the rates I had seen were too high
to make it economic.

As far as Australians being into it, I can think of three reasons none of
them to be taken seriously!  First, most of the web is priced in $US, and
our banks really slug us for overseas credit card transations.  Secondly,
have you seen the Aussie dollar recently!  Look downwards!  Third, there
are a lot of goldbugs over here, with a long national history of chasing
the metal!

Can you recommend any market makers outside the US that I could
investigate?  Do people use e-gold as a way of storing value, or just to
fund net transactions?

Thanks,

Brendan.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]