I try to avoid reading these postings but couldn't resist skimming the
latest thread and hit upon a comment about E-Gold somehow being responsible
for scams. I'd just like to ask one rhetorical question directed at no one
in particular.

If E-Gold is in any way responsible for any scam that uses E-Gold as the
medium of exchange, then by the same reasoning isn't the United State Mint
responsible for all scams involving dollars? I lost a bundle a few years
back when an officer at an escrow company stole all the money and
disappeared. The company declared bankruptcy, and I lost everything. Is the
U.S. Mint responsible for that?