Oh, you cynic! Next you'll be telling me there's no Easter Bunny. Sheesh!

Anyway, loan sharks get that kind of return on their investments. It's
amazing how some borrowers "can't" repay a low-interest loan when a
bankruptcy court will let them stiff their creditors, but when that option
is not available people manage to pay shockingly high rates of interest. If
credit card issuers broke legs I suspect the average credit card would only
need to charge about 7% interest in order to realize the same profit margins
they make when not permitted to do so.