At 5:00 PM -0400 5/15/01, Mark S. Ohberg wrote:
>Because the Royal Canadian Mint is well known and advanced, Maple
>Leaf Bullion Coins are bought and sold around the world.  Every Maple
>Leaf coin is guaranteed by the Government of Canada for weight and
>purity.

is that a fact? -- it seems hard to believe.

Can anyone point to where the CAN GOV asserts this is true, on a web
site, or anywhere else?

Maples are pure gold (like say Aussie kangaroos), so they are ultra
soft, unlike say Kruggerands which have some copper or something in
them so they weather a bit better.

I have a pure gold aussie "Kangaroo" (it was brand new) and it has
the shit beaten out of it from 5-10 minutes of handling outside the
plastic cover.

Anyway, can anyone supply any verification of this, I'd be fascinated to know.

JP