[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> At 5:00 PM -0400 5/15/01, Mark S. Ohberg wrote:
> >Because the Royal Canadian Mint is well known and advanced, Maple
> >Leaf Bullion Coins are bought and sold around the world.  Every Maple
> >Leaf coin is guaranteed by the Government of Canada for weight and
> >purity.
>
> is that a fact? -- it seems hard to believe.
>
> Can anyone point to where the CAN GOV asserts this is true, on a web
> site, or anywhere else? Anyway, can anyone supply any verification of this, I'd
> be fascinated to know.
>
> JP

Government Guaranteed - "The Government of Canada produces the Gold Maple Leaf and
guarantees its gold content and purity.
This guarantee is embodied in the symbol of the country-the maple leaf."

The Royal Canadian Mint, Incorporated in 1969 by the Royal Canadian Mint Act
(R.S.C. 1985, c. R-9); Schedule III, Part II of the FAA;
an agent of Her Majesty. The organization is subject to the Financial
Administration Act as a 'Branch Designated as Department'
but is not listed in a Schedule.

Plus B
BILL C-41 - First Reading  RECOMMENDATION
 His Excellency the Governor General recommends to the House of Commons the
appropriation of public revenue under the
circumstances, in the manner and for  the purposes set out in a measure entitled
``An Act to amend the Royal Canadian Mint Act
and the Currency Act''  SUMMARY
 This enactment amends the Royal Canadian Mint Act to update the terminology for
<< coins>>  in order to reflect the markets served
rather than the metals of  which the << coins>>  are composed. The amendments
simplify the process for issuing << coins>>  by giving additional powers to the
Mint and to the Minister  of Public Works and Government Services. The Mint is
given the capacity of a natural person and the power to incorporate subsidiaries
and to acquire and  dispose of interests in other entities. Other amendments of an
administrative nature are also enacted.
Clause 13: Subsection 9(1) reads as follows:
 9. (1) The Governor in Council may, by proclamation, call in  coins  of any date
and denomination.

Plus C
An Act respecting the marking of articles containing precious metals
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/P-19/text.html

Equals This:  Because the Gold Canadian Maple Leaf Bullion coin is Marked with the
Gold Canadian Maple Leaf, gold and purity tampering will lead to severe penalties
in accordance to the Royal Canadian Mint and Currency Act and The Canadian
Financial Administration Act. and is thus guaranteed.

Hope this helps

MSO
This was my Maples worth, if it seemed golden then visit here:
http://www.two-cents-worth.com/?107245
Your Site, key word optimized, just auto submit once!
http://buildit.sitesell.com/comm-spec.html