Unfortunately, that story means that

        OS Gold is super for specific purposes and customers.

but it also means

        OS Gold is not a player as a currency.

Just last night i spent THIRTY THOUSAND dollars of gold, to a market
maker I was selling wholesale to (you know who you are, you bastard!
:) )

Today the price of gold has shot up again.

I would LOVE TO revoke that spend, so i could get a better price.
But, with e-gold it is not possible to revoke the spend.

Thus, if you are into the specific purposes and customers OS Gold is
targetted to, I reckon OS Gold is aboslutely perfect for your uses
and you should never, ever use e-gold for any reason.