On 30 May 2001, at 11:43, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Presumably the entity providing the underlying notion that 1g of
> egold is worth (ie, immediately exchangeable to) $8.51 at the
> "moment", is Omnipay.
>
> Is that right?

Well... whoever collects the data and disclosed it on e-gold site is
that entity. I feel that the software on e-gold site has to do with e-
gold, not Omnipay.

> Put it this way -- at any instant, if you are selling e-gold, CAN YOU IN
> FACT GET, FROM OMNIPAY, EXACTLY THE PRICE TYPED ON THE E-GOLD WEB SITE?
> Is that true?

I would say yes. I'dsay that the Omnipay's outexchange rate is
exactly e-gold rates while their Outexchnage rates are e-gold rates
+ 4%. At least it was so when I checked it.  Because Omnipay
establishes its prices based on e-gold exchnage rates. IMO.

> If that IS true, there are two possibiities
>
> (i) Omnipay alwasy agrees to honor the price published on e-gold's
> web site (incredibly brave)

Yes... remeber that they trust the price as GS&R and Omnipay are
the operator of the e-gold system.

> (ii) in reality, Omnipay sets the rates, and telphones over to e-gold and
> tells them to put those rates on their web site. (perhaps subtly improper,
> ie, some competitor to omnipay will sue e-gold to let them also have such
> a relationship -- I dont personally thing it's a bad thing, I'm just
> curious.)

Don't think so. Phones are too slow -:)