> Or indeed, are those rates set by e-gold, and Omnipay happens to
> choose to follow them?
>
> It's all quite confusing and non-formal, I believe.

If my memory is correct, in the beginning there were e-gold and GS&R only.
GS&R was the only market maker. Two quite distinct entities. It seemed
obvious to me that you paid GS&R's prices to buy the e-gold that somehow
ended up in your e-gold account with all the coins and and anything else
gold you might care to send GS&R to put in your account. Of course the
prices listed would be those of GS&R.

This format doesn't seem to have changed much from my viewpoint.

Needless to say this probably became too
cumbersome and Omnipay was born as the child of GS&R to serve as a more
simplified market maker. I suppose it was great for e-gold to be able to say
that they would actually send you the gold (though not necessarily the same
precious coin you sent) but a major pain in the butt for GS&R.

At least this is the way I understood it.

e-gold Donations Accepted at
www.loavesandfishessoupkitchen.com