Here's what perplexes me.

So far, the only accounts that I have heard of being "raided" have been the
accounts that have had the account number revealed. So far, I have not
heard of a second or a third account having been raided.

How come?

E-gold reports failed attempts to access an account, and reports it as a
possible attempted break-in. I can't recall if anyone has mentioned seeing
such a report on the raided account.

How come?

Also, if someone is using a keyboard sniffer, why hasn't the second or
third account been raided?

Again, how come?

Something is missing from all of these reports. Something just doesn't make
sense.

I really like ZoneAlarm. It disables inbound attachments so they cannot be
accidently activated. You have to do it on purpose.

Also, ZoneAlarm keeps spurious programs from accessing the Net without your
permission, Trojan or not. Renamed or not.

With Dropit, you can store your encrypted ID and passphrases on a floppy
while the program resides on your HD. You can name the encrypted file
anything you want and tell Dropit where and what name it is and it will go
and get it. The file remains encrypted until you drop the ID/passphrase
into place. The one time it is vulnerable to a sniffer.

Between TweakUI and WindowWasher you can remove virtually all footprints
from your system including cookies, while saving those cookies your want to
keep.

My security is far from perfect, yet it does seem to keep me from harms
way. I usually receive 5 or 6 e-mails a week with nasties attached. Usually
some sort of bulk mail.

I will also get some nasties in my cache from sites. One or Two a month.

You don't have to be paranoid for them to be after you.

Paul