At 7:03 PM -0400 6/13/01, Bob wrote:

>> A quick update on the status of Systemics' legal tussle with
>> the e-gold group.
>>
>> Today we filed against the injunction;  we have to wait and
>
>> see what the judge says on Friday.
>>
>> I can't comment on anything much except the documents that
>> are filed in court.  Some of these exist in digital form and
>> are located at http://www.systemics.com/legal/ .  I've only
>> put the ones up there that I know are filed and apparently
>> priviledged.  I forget the legal term, but because they are
>> filed and the judge has read them, they are protected from
>> slander.
>>
>> Of course, the cont

Kick ass!  A court battle.

If you read this:
http://www.systemics.com/legal/affidavit_BD2.txt

Looks to me like your basic "you didn't pay enough" / "we paid
already" dispute.

You can see e-gold's approach is to try to get the SOURCE code as a
resolution to the dispute...pretty much standard practice, and why
not, if you can get it?

(Scan down to "Alternative to these Requirements:" ... "Alternative
to these Requirements:" is legal speak for "what we're really after".)

Systemics position is probably "we did everything that was written
down that we should".

Ah, the courtroom --- scene of the end of a hundred sloppy
dot-com-era developer/developee disputes.

But ... which venue?

Predictions:

(*) e-gold will want to keep it more private (court in an offshore
jurisdiction?  i don't know)

(*) one would imagine e-gold has better lawyers, thus, there is no
rational reason why they won't win

(*) habeus server .... systemics has the server, so they yield a lot of power

Personally I am confused as to the issues .. "digi gold" is just an
experiment right?  (How much is in circulation .. $20 or something?)