On 21 Jun 2001, at 20:37, Julian Morrison wrote:

> Which will annoy the national governments enough that they'll likely
> try and legislate GCs into the ground, or at least tie them and
> regulate them and require so much snooping on the customers as to
> effectively nationalize them by default. E-gold and GoldMoney both are
> going to have to be prepared to be more than a tad stubborn if they
> want to survive as businesses or useful currencies.

Of course, I am not suggeating that national currencies will
disapear. We had massive move to gold in the late 70's and we
saw no additional regulations.

If some foreign (in Asia) governemnt gives gold a major place in its
monetary reserves, we could see a new paradigm shift towards the
metal. There are a lot of rumors on China having such a long term
master plan. Keep in mind that within 25 yearrs they (China) will
have the largest economy on this planet. And I don'tthink that they
want it to be dollar based.

The USD will eventually have big problems... that is when things
will start to change.

Claude

http://www.goldcurrencies.ca
http://www.ormetal.com