Here's another thought. For those who're appalled by the idea of
spamdonations and the fact that it's currently unstoppable, here's
another thought: egold could let you lock down how much minimum you're
willing to recieve in each of the metal types, anything above the
absolute floor which is e-golds own minimum. A spend to you of less than
that amount would simply give an error.

This together with the notification minimum would allow you to say "thus
much I'm willing to read for, thus much I'm not even willing to let it
clutter my statement page".