Unfortunately it seems that the Theater is indeed on fire.  Paritate has
been shut down, and all links have been severed.  Phones, internet, debit
cards, etc.

Would welcome any news.

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:59:20 -0400, Ken Griffith wrote:

>  Well, if they ain't bankrupt yet, with news like that running around the
>  net, they soon will be!
>
>  The net seems like such a nice theatre in which to yell, "fire".  Hackers
>  write viruses, just to see what they'll do.  People start "urban legends"
>  just to see who will believe them.
>
>  And now, we may have the first case of a internet-sparked bank run!  How
>  long until the rebellious teenage hackers of the world discover how much
fun
>  it is to put fractional reserve banks out of business with bank-run
>  inspiring chain letters?
>
>  I'm not questioning the veracity of the story, I just find the concept
very
>  interesting.
>
>  Ken

Bank,
>  > please read this immediately and spread the word!
>  >
>  > We have been informed by our contacts in Latvia that Paritate Bank is
>  > bankrupt and about to loose their license.  If you know anyone who has
an
>  > account there, it would be wise to inform them at once so that they can
>  take
>  > their money out.
>  >
>  > John
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > ---
>  > You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  >

>  ---
>  You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as:

Glencannon Group Ltd.
http://www.glencannongroup.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (for a more secure email)
fax: 419-710-4339
_*_*_*_*_
If you found the contents of this email useful to you, and you have an
e-gold account, please feel free to follow this link:
http://www.two-cents-worth.com/?107685&[EMAIL PROTECTED]