> A currency that is 100% backed by gold may sell itself as "AUG" or "grams of
> gold".

To which e-gold & GoldMoney, and soon e-bullion, can all stand and proudly
proclaim. Standard Reserve's gold-backed side of their accounts also meet
this qualification, even if they are 1 step removed, being 100% backed by
e-gold.

> This in my mind would solve the problem of diluting the value of gold by
> selling "ether gold" ("ether gold" = selling units of gold that are not
> actually backed by gold.).

The only one who is currently an "ether gold" is OSGold.

Viking Coder