----------
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: e-gold Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [e-gold-list] ...language on list
> Date: Saturday, 30 June 2001 1:31 AM
>
> Re: recent objections to snippets of mild coarseness posted to this
> list.....I find them refreshing, besides, have you ever overheard women
> talking amongst themselves?
>
> best, ............... forrest

<SNIP>

I'm sorry I have to say this, but I must. I *am* offended by the language
in question. It is unnecessary. It is beyond mild coarseness, and only one
person here, who otherwise mostly makes a regular, positive contribution to
this forum, uses this offensive language.

Please, this is a public forum and one subject to being archived for all
future generations to read. Surely more than only I simply cannot invite
friends here because of the language people may be subjected to.

I don't think this has anything to do with woman being offended, as you
(forrest) have noted many women can out swear, and outdo many men in the
crudity stakes (if there is a crudity stakes!), but then there are women,
and there are ladies. There are also guys, and there are gentlemen.

JP, sometimes you "almost pass for a gentleman", but then you go on a spate
of 'four-letter words' which brands you as someone other than a gentleman.
Swear words are not needed to express your intended meaning or feeling.
They lower the tone of this forum and reduce the breadth of the audience we
should be reaching. School children should be able to study the archives of
this forum as part of projects on electronic commerce or economics. Our
friends from church or from the office, and family of all generations
(without stereotyping whether old, young or in between should be most
offended) should be able to be invited without qualm to learn about e-gold
here.

How can e-gold join the mainstream if in the main discussion forum for the
currency and transaction system we can only keep people who either are
comfortable with swearing, or who are already sufficiently dedicated to
e-gold or to the gold economy in general to grit their teeth and tolerate
the foul language?

You are a valuable part of this industry JP, and I know that you are
intelligent enough to make a coherent argument without resort to gutter
talk.

Regards,

Ian Green
http://two-cents-worth.com/?107242