I read it to mean instant clearance of trades, which could have an
affect on the spread play earnings of market makers (the security trade
kind,not e-currency exchange providers).
  "...multiple dissimilar financial assets..." probably refers to currency
trading (arbitrage), buy euro's, sell dollars, etc, sweeping profits into
gold currencies between trades.  And I could be totally wrong too...
Dave