Khurram wrote:

> Some stores may actually like
> repudiation.  Sure they would get hit by chargebacks, but
> they know that keeping satisfied customers is cheaper then
> getting new onces.

Maybe there is also a stores who like to accept counterfeit money?
Just to please the customers.

BTW, one way to keep happy customers is for merchant to give the
money back *themselves* if customers demands so. Non-repudiation
doesn't mean that the merchant can't give the money back, it means
that the payer can't reverse the payment at her will when she is
unsatisfied with something... or just wants to rip the merchant of
(the usual reason).

and Viking Coder wrote:

> Running a business is
> already a tax nightmare in and of itself.

200% true!!!

then Khurram wrote:

> Business can hire accounts but in most cases, can not write
> the tax code.  They have to accout for one fees in grams
> instead of USD or whatever.  They also have to account for
> every exchange because of buying and selling of a capital
> assets.  They also have to account for catipal gains.

Here's a piece of news to all Americans out there: there are other
countries in the world as well with their own currencies. If you say
to your accountant that e-gold is just another currency, then there
should be no problems provided that the accountant has heard of
foreign currencies.

I think that's why e-gold quotes gold USD/oz rates instead of
DEM/gram rates. Because of Americans... Alright, I still like you
all!

> Aside
> from that, they have to deal with a currency that is already
> linked by some government agencies to money laundering and so
> forth.

I think that DEM and Yen and Australian dollar is being used for
money laundering as well, but here I agree with Khurram that this
might be problematic for e-gold.

Regards,

Paul Vahur
IceGold