Well, I'll use my second message today to praise Gaithmans Gold Nation.

I had my first dealing with a Market Maker yesterday afternoon and it went
great.  I was able to do a cash deposit and get my e-gold account funded
this morning.

I'll also include this bit so I will still have a message to reply to
something else today:

e-gold e-Commerce

My experience with Gaithmans helps soothe one of my biggest problems with
e-gold or any of the GBC that I have seen for e-commerce, which is the
delay and expense of funding an account.  It is harder to sell to a new
customer if they can't complete the purchase in one logical step.  It is
similar to the problem with PayPal where the user checks out, but then has
to set up another account and fill in the same information and more just to
pay.  The figures that I have heard is that 50% of shoppers will abandon
their carts when they have to set up a PayPal account to pay for their
purchase.  I would assume that the percentage is higher for e-gold since
there is much more time and expense involved in the setup and funding of an
account.

If Market Makers can fund accounts in a day or two at most there is still
the chance of getting impulse shoppers, but until then the GBC commerce
uses are limited to people who already have funded accounts.  Hopefully the
European MM's and others that offer direct cash deposits also offer as good
of service as Gaithmans.  If so I might be able to point some of my
European customers to them instead of bothering with bank wires and such.

Cheers,
Paul Ewing
Shining Moon Creations - Exotic and Fantasy Jewelry
http://www.shiningmoon.com