On 25 Jul 2001, at 23:33, Viking Coder wrote:

> > 400 ounce bars don't weigh 400 ounces.  They are all difference
> > weights and prices, its just approximately 400 ounces.
>
> Good point... but does it really matter? The reserve currently exceeds
> the circulation by 789.84 oz. All 140 bars would have to be 5.64 oz.,
> or 1.4%, underweight in order for the reserve to exactly equal the
> circulation.

I think that what JP meant is "How come the 140 bars in reserve
are exactly 56,000 ounces when we know that bars never exactly
weigh 400 oz. each."

I agree with you that 5.64 oz is certainly over the tolerance of the
LBMA to call them Good Delivery 400 oz bars.

Claude

http://www.goldcurrencies.ca
http://www.ormetal.com