> I believe DBC keeps failing because it's not convenient enough and the
> expenditure of time and concentration are higher than just paying the 5%
> credit card fees.

I think Beenz and Flooze (Digital Based Currencies) failed because they
are not a direct money for goods or money for service. I think the net
inherently supports systems that are deflationary and peer to peer. So
middle men are squeezed out by definition.

Also, Beenz never did answer my questions on how they set the value of 1
Beenz, and when/how it might change.

Gold Based Currencies should do well because they are as direct as can
be (until nano tech takes hold :)

Did you know that e-gold Ltd. stores more gold on behalf of customers
than many countries? See http://www.gold.org/Gra/Gra1.htm and the
e-gold Examiner at http://www.e-gold.com/examiner.html for details.