IF you accessed http://www.gold-vault.com your computer is in danger.  As well might
be your gold.
I don't know if this application is a Trojan for a backdoor to sniff your puter
keystrokes or just something destructive to destroy your data.  All the way around it
is a very BAD thing.

IF you do not understand what I have typed below GET HELP...!!  Ask your closest guru.
 I would help more, but I'm packing to leave town.  This is all I can do for you for
now.

You need to go into DOS ( for those who don't know DOS is your disk operating system
-- what Windoze runs on --- without DOS windows would not run ) and remove anything
that bears any resemblence to the following.

This is what I have found thus far.  I have not gone into the system registry yet.

It may be hiding somewhere else on your system.  BUT it may not.  If you go into
Windows Explorer you may find it there like I did.

I had some weird stuff in my temp files too.... got rid of those.  I also have all my
network adapters modifed so that it is impossible for them to telnet in etc.  Have
manually closed a number of ports including netbios.

Get this bad boy out of your system ASAP..!!
GOOD LUCK...!!!

Sorry I can't help more....but am providing you with enough for you to ask someone for
help.  I have to get packed and I have to get this out of my machine myself.
Had feeling of bad juju as soon as I visited the site.  My concerns have now been
verified.
=====================================
Here ya go:

Type        gold-vault
Location  C:\My Documents
Size:         11.0KB (11,264 bytes), 16,384 bytes used

MS-DOS name     GOLD-V~1.com ( that tilde should be higher --- bloody keyboard ) also
the -(dash could be a . (dot) is very difficult for me to see )  The strings that you
should look for are further down.

Created      Aug 16
Accessed    Aug 18 ( this is on my machine )

C:\MYDOCU~1\GOLD-V~1.COM

PIFMGR.DLL

PIF name:   C:\MYDOCU~1\GOLD-V~1.PIF

Did you know that e-gold Ltd. stores more gold on behalf of customers
than many countries? See http://www.gold.org/Gra/Gra1.htm and the
e-gold Examiner at http://www.e-gold.com/examiner.html for details.