>Cheque is useless regardless of delays or not, because of the cost of
>banking it in Australia, and then wiring it back to USA for the Datek
>account. Datek do not accept third party cheques for deposit to Datek
>accounts. (But ACH and wires are okay.)

Just a curiosity Ian, I was never able to send 3rd prty wires to
Datek when I used to use Datek (ie, I was inside the US).

The paperwork there when you open an account from overseas is a bitch
aint it?  Thank you, SEC!

I'd be curious to hear if you get over unity and a free ach to boot,
please let us know how you go!!

Kindly
"Pop" JP

Did you know that e-gold Ltd. stores more gold on behalf of customers
than many countries? See http://www.gold.org/Gra/Gra1.htm and the
e-gold Examiner at http://www.e-gold.com/examiner.html for details.