>Wow, there does appear to be a 'run' on e-gold. Notice, all, how a currency
>which is 100% backed leads no one to panic.
>
>I am surprised to see Goldfinger and Gaithman discontinue Out-Exchanges. I
>would think they would simply increase the fees for out-exchanging, thereby
>making a profit on the way out, as well as on the way in.
>
>SnowDog

Craig (I have tried that! :) ), but since Omnipay are a buyer of last
resort, at spot, the only customers who would actually PAY a premium
to sell e-gold (ie, rather than just going to Omnipay) are true black
bag jobs, people who's money is WAY offshore!  ;-)

At any rate, there's just SO MUCH e-gold trying to be turned into
cash that I guess Gaithmans & Goldfinger just can't be bothered.

>http://www.goldfingercoin.com/e_gold.htm
>http://www.gaithmans.com/sellgold.html

goldfinger coin:

        10/03/01 Due to recent overwhelming liquidation orders for
        E-Gold, we have temporarily suspended acceptance of requests to
        liquidate e-gold. Please send your Out-Exchange orders to
        www.omnipay.net

gaithmans:

        (September 13, 2001) Gaithmans is temporarily suspending the
        outexchange process.  Please refrain from spending gold currencies
        to our accounts until further notice.

JPM!