> Subject: Re: Funbond yields
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Regarding the nomenclature, I don't think "futures" would make much sense, Jim.
>
> Firstly, futures apply only to commodites (things, like sugar, wheat
> etc), futures have no relevance to equities .. equities being
> companies, organizations, people, LLCs, public companies etc.

-- lyris duster --   :-)

> You cant buy a "future" of IBM, it's meaningless.  Similarly you
> can't buy a "bond" of Wheat or from Wheat, it's meaningless.
>indeed you dont "buy" futures at all (they dont cost money, you dont
> pay anything when you take one)
> [. . . a future. . .] is a contract exchanged with another trader.
>  In contrast a bond is something you buy, for a certain amount of
>  money, from an entity like IBM or egold. So thats exactly what a "funbond" is.

While I haven't traded commodities futures, I have fiddled around with
options (which
apply to equities) and my uderstanding is that options are essentially
the same thing
as futures --"a contract giving you the 'option' to buy or sell
something at a specified
'future' date".

You can actually buy options on futures, which is like buying an option
of an option.
I hear in some  commodities circles that they feel the futures system
should be done
away with and replaced with the options system that has evolved --
thereby creating a
common lingo and more uniform standards.

Another thing. While it is possible to set up private futures/options
that may not cost anything
upfront, it does cost to deal in the publically traded options/futures
-- and if you're shrewd,
you can make a lot starting with very little (I'm still working on the
shrewd part . . .   :-)  )

PECB

http://www.e-gold.com/stats.html lets you observe the e-gold system's activity now!