Dear Tristan,

> Technically, grams are units of mass.

Quite true.  Which brings up another technical point.
In our previous discussion there was mention of the
ounce as a unit for denominating metal spends.  The
ounce avoirdupois is fractionally different from the
ounce troy, and although the ounce troy has always been
the ounce used in the metals industry, it is worth
remembering that a dishonest person could use the
fractional difference in weight between the two ounces
to cheat the unwary.  Grams, fortunately, don't have
this problem.

>less gold if the gram was a unit of weight.

Yes, and if that were true, a gram would be part of
a Newton, and the whole edifice of SI units would
dissolve into a nightmare.  Chaos! <grin>

> Not like we'll be using grams of gold on the moon
> anytime soon.

For my own part, I wouldn't be too sure.  Several of
the entrepreneurs with whom I am still in contact are
working on various endeavors to place computer servers
with R/F connections to the Internet on the near side
of the Moon and in orbit.  Talk about having your data
beyond the reach of subpoenas!

I am not at liberty to divulge details of these projects,
but if you'd like to be put in touch with any of the
entrepreneurs in question, I'd be happy to relay any
inquiries to them.  I find the idea of space-based
e-commerce very exciting.

Regards,

Jim
 http://www.GoldBarter.com/ --> selling? Free listings
 during the intro period!  Buying? Bidding is free! If
 you have an item to sell which you may not list on
 another auction service, try GoldBarter.com!

http://www.e-gold.com/stats.html lets you observe the e-gold system's activity now!