Florida's "Lotto" jackpot has turned over 10 consecutive times, and the
jackpot is now $85 million (over 20 years, minus taxes, if a single winner,
etc.). Since the odds are supposedly about 23,000,000 to 1, it actually
makes sense (even with the taxes, etc.) to pay their "moron tax," so I
bought a bunch of hard-to-counterfeit pieces of paper tonight, and I can
report that Lotto-paper-business was brisk and steady.

Last weekend, in a much-stranger transaction, J. S. G. Boggs bought the
AR-15 I won (pic at http://www.direct-action.org in the "old raffle" section)
with a very nice $5000 bill (which is NOT for sale at the moment!). Change
(always a part of every Boggs transaction) included an 11.7 gram nugget
from Goldengrams.com, some tenth oz gold coins, and a thousand bucks
worth of e-gold (108.412258 grams). The receipt was the back side of an
e-gold sticker. We staged the fun part of the transaction (looking over the
rifle!) in a hotel room, and the rest of the transaction at the F.U.N. coin
show (to avoid problems with security at the convention center :^) Anyone
who knows me knows that I enjoy guns, and that AR-15 was really sweet,
but I still think/hope I came out on top in the transaction. Who knows? It
was fun, that's for sure! Presumably, someone may come along and buy
gun, nuggets, e-gold, coins, and receipt from Boggs. They'll then have an
interesting time trying to pry this Boggs bill from me...

I have a low-res scan of the bill, I'll try to post it somewhere later. It has
a picture of Boggs himself, done (for a Boggs Bill) by Thomas Raymond
Hipschen, the artist who did the engravings for all of the larger portraits
of presidents on the new US paper money that circulates alongside the
old stuff currently.
JMR