Hi Jim, I think the trend in conversions to a new technology tends to follow
a cubic curve, where the initial acceptance is very slow (such as the first
four years of e-gold going from 0 accounts to roughly 8,000 accounts), then
it hits an exponential growth phase, and then tapers off to a relatively
flat, but slightly increasing line.

Cell phones and fax machines both followed this pattern.  Digital Gold
Currencies will probably experience a similar pattern.  We are probably just
at the very beginning of the fast adoption part of the curve and it could
last ten to fifteen years.  In my opinion, the DGC infrastructure and legal
issues are still not hammered out enough to be ready for the world to start
using them in mass.  But things are RAPIDLY improving.

E-Bullion finally has a Cryptocard, there are now three or four DGC-linked
debit cards available out there, and I hear that Pecunix is going to offer a
novel new service that integrates its currency with the traditional banking
system.

Ken

Don't miss the Gold Economy Conference!
http://www.goldeconomy.com/conference/