I agree with Bob.  Actually, the 15% growth rate experienced by the digital
gold economy is not the same thing as economic growth like economists talk
about.  It is one sector of the economy shifting over to a new technology.

If all of our wildest dreams come true and fifty years from now DGC's are
the primary currencies of the world, economic growth will probably stabilize
at around the same figure as population growth: roughly 2-3% per year, which
is also the traditional range for interest on gold loans.

After all, for an economy to truly grow, you have to have an increase in
both goods and services as well as demand for those goods and services.  At
some point the existing population will be saturated with all the goods and
services it can consume, the third world countries will be as advanced as
1st world.  Then economic growth is more likely to be directly linked to
population growth.

Ken