> >If you got 37 out of 40, then I think you win the challenge!
> >

> Hi Danny!  You definitely do!
>
> But can you put it on the web so we can actually use it and try it
> and check it?

Hi,

You can download the zip package (only 54 kb) :
www.fourpillars.net/finance/turingdecoder.zip

The package contains:
1) VB source code
2) 2 directories with sample turing images taken from the e-gold site (hitting
refresh all the time in the login screen)
    The first 40 examples have been used to train the program (it guesses 37 of
them correct)
    The 2nd examples have not been used in the training. The program guesses 19
correct out of 20 here.
3) A compiled Windows .exe file which you can use right away to try and test my
program (it will run on your system provided the standard VB libraries are on your
system, which is normally the case).
The file to run is "TuringDecoder.exe" (You need not worry about Trojan horses or
things like that. I am by no means a proffesional hacker and would not know how to
do that)

So go ahead and test it.

To give an idea how difficult (or easy)  it was:
- it took only 9 lines of code to take out the horizontal lines
- it took another 9 lines of code to remove the vertical lines
- to separate the 6 digits, 89 lines of code were used (this includes handling
touching digits)
- to recognise the images and get ascii output only 22 lines of code were
necessary

Then again some if this code is only to show you the intermediate results in the
screen, so it could have done with even less..

Nothing 'exotic" was used, only some "For .. Next" loops and standard "If Then"
routines
Beginners stuff.

> >Another security improvement -- overcome. Hundreds of man-hours of work --
> >for naught. (Incidentally, is this year twenty - ought- two?)
>
> Nah, the Jay-side can easily win this battle.

Well, I'll see what Jay can come up with next, but it won't be easy if you don't
move on to bigger pictures.
Of course you can make pictures that the computer cannot read, but will the human
being still be able to read them without too much error? That will be the
question.

So, next time, be a little more careful before you claim that "Jay's system
COMPLETELY ELIMINATES the problem of mass attacks on *all* egold numbers" , and
call somebody silly because he says it is not so.
I like to do "impossible things" and often I have succeeded.
It's not always bad to be stubborn.

Danny

http://two-cents-worth.com/?102468&EG