> >The easiest way I see , to avoid these automated attacks on all
> >e-gold accounts,
> >is to stop using the account # for login purposes, use login names
> >instead (to be
> >choosen by the user).
>
> It's a great idea!  It's why banks do it!
>
> Just have an option that you can change your log in ID to something
> other than your account number.

Exactly, and those who want so can make it serve as a 2nd passphrase (by making
the login ID difficult enough).

Those who want to keep on loging in with their account number can set the login ID
equal to the account # (that should be the default to start with I think).

So, everybody will be happy (and probably sleep a little better if there is lots
of gold in the account)

Danny

http://two-cents-worth.com/?102468&EG