on 2/13/2002 5:13 AM, SnowDog wrote:

> I'll give you my take on them, but I am not am employee of either E-Gold or
> Omnipay.

Thank you!

>> * It's very inconvenient to get money into the system. How about getting a
>> chain like Kinko's or Mailboxes, etc., or one of those check cashing
> places
>> to act as a market maker?
>
> Go for it. If you can convince them to use your account as the referrer
> account, then you could profit from it.

Big companies like that don't even notice suggestions from the "little
people." But this does bring up another question...

Where is there information on becoming a market maker? It's easy to find
stuff directed at merchants, and I've already asked a couple of places to
consider accepting e-gold. But there doesn't seem to be any information on
the e-gold site about the benefits of being a market maker or how to go
about it...

> E-Gold has no liabilities and no creditors. The gold in the system is
> trusted to the E-Gold Bullion Reserve Special Purpose Trust, which is
> obligated to maintain the gold on behalf of all account holders. If they
> were to close E-Gold down, they would probably sell the gold and distribute
> the value as cash.

That's reassuring! It probably says something like that in the user
agreement, but unfortunately I don't speak legalese.  :-)
--
                              Ken Hagler

|          ICQ#: 34591293         |   For PGP key send mail with  |
|   http://www.orange-road.com/   |    subject "Send PGP Key".    |
|   And tho' we are not now that strength which in old days       |
|   Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are --Tennyson  |